Monday, June 16, 2014

Super Quick Summer Dip: Peach Mango Chutney with Cream Cheese

So a few weeks ago a friend had made this AWESOME dip to go with pita chips. I begged her for the recipe and she told me the simple truth- Mango Chutney over cream cheese. "That's it?" "Yep."
Well- I just HAD to go make my own, and this is what I did:



So, super simple way to make this dip:
1) Soften some cream cheese in a dish (I did a bowl, as I couldn't find my shallow dip dish anywhere at the time- but a shallow dish is better so you can spread things out)
2) Then pour a jar of Mango Chutney (I used a Peach-Mango Chutney for mine, but my friend used Major Grey Mango Chutney) over the top of the cream cheese.
Tada! Serve with Pita Chips and you are good to go! Tastes great warm and chilled.



This dip is great with pita chips, as the pita chips are stronger and don't break as easily in this thick dip, like chips would. Again, I suggest using a more shallow dish than I used (as doing it a standard bowl makes the cream cheese and chutney very thick to dip in- if it is shallow and wide, better for dipping).



I've been eating it all weekend, as I was enjoying my newly dressed up deck (will show pics later) and hanging out with friends.
Give this simple dip a shot, you won't regret it!
Have a great day!
-M

P.S. Update: I heated up the portion of dip that was leftover and wow! I think it tastes even better warm! Just and FYI. ;)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy. The Major Grey mango chutney is better, but the peach-mango chutney is still tasty!

      Delete

Leave me some comment love all!